Friday, October 3, 2008

Fashion Sale and Fall Pumpkin Baking Weekend~

I have discovered a lot of fun new blogs lately and they continue to inspire and enhance what I do. Daily Candy comes straight to my email. This week it had a fun mailer for happenings this weekend in Seattle and I found this Ballard event-

SHOP! Boutique Warehouse Sale & Bazaar
What: Dozens of local boutiques including Lambs Ear, Les Amis, Impulse, Clutch, and Blackbird offer at least 50 percent off attire and accessories.
Why: How bazaar.
When: Sat., 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Where: Nordic Heritage Museum, 3014 NW 67th St. (206-789-5707).

*Les Amis was one of my favorite shops to browse in when I lived in Fremont- I am excited for this fun Saturday Ballard event. For some reason I find myself going to Ballard more and more- it has great food- Senor Moose- La Isla- Carta de Oaxaca, a wonderful farmer's market, and lots of places to plant at for a while.

This weekend I also plan on starting my yearly pumpkin recipes overload. Pumpkin is on of my favorite flavors. Pumpkin ice cream, muffins, cookies, breads, desserts, candy, butter, etc. I hate pumpkin lattes though- I blame Starbucks. Megan's Munchies, a great blog, has been loading a lot of inventive and tasty pumpkin recipes for a while. I am curious about her pumpkin ravioli recipe and plan on making it. The recipe cuts back on the calories which makes me happy.

Pumpkin Raviolis
won ton wrappers (square or circle)1 cup skim ricotta cheese1/2 cup pumpkin puree1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Mix cheeses, pumpkin and nutmeg in a bowl. For each ravioli, put one tablespoon mixture in the middle of a wrapper. Moisten edges and places another wrapper on top. Press down on edges to seal. Cook one at a time in boiling water for 2-3 minutes each. Remove with a slotted spoon and repeat for all raviolis. This recipe makes about 18 raviolis.
Sauce:
1/2 cup butter
1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese2 teaspoons sage
2 cups skim milk6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup cooked peas
Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and sage stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan cheese and peas. Remove from heat when sauce is the consistency you desire.

2 comments:

Meg said...

As you can tell, I am definitely on pumpkin recipe overload too! Thanks so much for mentioning my blog and my recipe! Have a wonderful day!

Meg said...

The pumpkin pasta recipe makes about 3-4 large servings. The raviolis make 6 servings of 3 large raviolis! Great idea to make them with just one wonton wrapper! Love the butter substitute. I actually use Promise fat free butter when I make it.